Jewel writes on many subjects including history, theology, music, virtuous womanhood, as well as commenting on current books she is reading. In all she seeks to glorify God and apply lessons from history to life in the 21st century.

December 31, 2011

Meaningful Quotes

"Never forget for what cause your freedom was won!"-John Adams

"In America the law is king, in America the law must be king."-Thomas Paine, Common Sense

"If there is nothing that is absolutely there is no way you can be absolutely safe-ever."-George Grant

"If we will not adhere to the principles of these declarations it will be necessary to have a revolution every generation."-Thomas Jefferson

"By all rights, the patriots cause should have failed. Militarily the patriots were out-mannered and outmatched at every turn. But there was far more at work for them than mere men at arms."-Daniel Webster

"Victory comes as a surprise to the patriots, partly attributable to General Washington's persistence and partly due to the aid of France, yet it was providence that ultimately made all the difference."-John Quincy Adams

"I consider it a considerable and indispensable duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the Protection of Almighty God and those who have superintendents of them His holy keeping. Mr. President, I yield my sword and my command, having now finished the work assigned me; I retire from the grand theatre of action, and bidding an affectionate farewell to this auguos body under whose orders i have so long acted, I here offer my commission, I offer my sword, I offer my honor, and take leave of all the employments of public life, Amen, Amen"- Washington's Farewell Address

"I know what really matters and now all I care about is tasting my summer corn."-Washington in a letter to Alexander Hamilton, a few days after he gave his farewell address

" Our constitution was made only for a religious people, it is wholly inadequate to a government of any other."- John Adams

"I can now see how the gospel creates a government that sets men free."-Carl Van Door, The Great Rehearsal


"...To know how to say what other people only think is what makes men poets and sages; and to dare to say what others only dare to think, makes men martyrs or reformers, or both."- Elizabeth Charles, From Dark to Dawn
-Jewel Dieu decletare, Dieu laudes decorare