Jewel writes on many subjects including history, theology, music, virtuous womanhood, as well as commenting on current books she is reading. In all she seeks to glorify God and apply lessons from history to life in the 21st century.

January 18, 2012

Busy...

I’ve simply been too busy to write in the last week. I’ve been busy cooking for my family; busy trying to figure out negative numbers. I’m busy plodding through physical science without the math necessary to do even the most basic physics problems. I’ve been busy trying to meet the demands of learning two instruments, and learning that half an hour a day doesn’t cut it when it comes to learning some of the harder pieces! I’m busy teaching my sisters piano, even when it means going overtime to explain the difference between common time and 6/8. Sometimes it’s frustrating when you sit down to read at the end of the day and get interrupted every other sentence! I’ve been busy trying to make sense of life, spending time with siblings, and learning from my mistakes. Busy thinking of articles to write with no time to write them! But, it’s not necessarily bad to be busy…as long as you’re busy doing the right things.  After all, it says, “That they may teach the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.” (Titus 2:4) I’d better go, my sister is calling me to come teach her piano…

Do justice, Love mercy, Walk humbly with your God

Jewel

Dieum declectare, dieu laudes decorare